Simple & Easy Holiday Gift: Clothespin Tree Topper
A tree topper might not be a traditional gift, but its a quick item to throw together for someone celebrating their first Christmas with their own tree! Think a couple in their first home, someone celebrating away from home for the first time, or a child that is getting their own small tree.
• wood clothespins
• white paint
• cardboard circle (I used one with about a 5″ diameter)
• strip of cardboard, about 4″ x 1″
• white fabric
1. Paint half the clothespins white, paint only the bottoms of the other half white.
2. Cover the front of the cardboard circle with white fabric, glue the edges down to the back.
3. Pin clothespins around the edge of the circle.
4. On your strip of cardboard, glue both 1″ sides to the back of your cardboard circle. The ends should be glued down, leaving the middle unglued (like a handle – this is where the top of the tree will go, to perch your tree topper in place).
Are you working on any last minute gifts as we creep closer to Christmas?