DIY Coffee Coconut Sugar Scrub
This year my new years resolution was to use less chemicals & create less waste with my cleaning and beauty products. There are SO MANY recipes on Pinterest about DIY products, its definitely been a process of trial and error to find what works for me.
My favorite recipe so far has been this Coffee Coconut Sugar scrub from Everyone Occasions.
Things to LOVE about this recipe:
• the smell, coconut and coffee together just smells freaking amazing
• reuse coffee grounds for this recipe, its free and your coffee gets to do double duty
• make a cute label to turn this scrub into an inexpensive, thoughtful gift
• having a jar of sugar scrub next to the bathroom sink makes me feel fancy
3/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
2 cups sugar
1 cup dry coffee grounds
• If you are reusing brewed coffee grounds, let them dry completely. I spread them out flat on a plate to air dry, but I assume you could spread them on a pan and put in a very low oven to speed the process.
• Whisk together the coffee and sugar about 2 minutes, until fluffy. This is easiest with the whisk attachment of a mixer, but if you don’t have a mixer a regular whisk will do.
• Add the coconut oil and whisk another couple of minutes until everything is combined.
• Store in air tight containers. If I make a lot that won’t get used right away, I store it in the fridge.
• If you’re gifting the scrub, just add a cute label! I made these simple & colorful watercolor labels for my mom and sister in law’s birthdays.
Do you have any favorite DIY beauty products?